Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A few of my favorite things...


Shadow Box

Transformed Personalized Hanging Jewelry Box

 
Love this weeks Tweak, of course I typically love them all, (lol).
But a good tweak is when you can take an everyday item and make it useful for you, personalized for you and very special to you.
 
So I took one of those shadow boxes with the front magnetic opening (you can get them at Michaels).
I wanted cheap so I waited for a good sale and I bought the inexpensive one with a off colored background. I recovered the background with a black velour fabric (remnant end JoAnn's Fabrics). I've used it like that for years. However, I kept thinking I should put pictures in the front like you can buy them now. (Bi-Mart usually sells them at Christmas).
I however already had this one so I really did not want to purchase one, and it was working so why worry about it...
Then Silhouette America makes a challenge. "Do anything you want using your Silhouette".
I love hearts, I always want hearts...hmmm.... what to do...
The design was born hearts, our initial, and the year we were married. I cut it out in etched vinyl and applied. Love, Love :)
What can you find that you look at everyday and do something new to it and make it extraordinary?
Keep Tweakin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment