Friday, September 6, 2013

Life is short. Buy the shoes.

 
Reusable shopping bag. Triple layer vinyl project.
 
Shoes these days are a really big deal. Weather your a high heel Stiletto lover, simplicity of  flip-flops is your fancy, tennis shoes for running (after kids or on tracks), boots, or anything else for every occasion, people today buy lots more shoes than our previous generations.

So needless to say this saying is quite the hit with many people. However 26 years ago when I had been married only a short time I owned only 4 pairs of shoes. Yes, I only owned 4, 2 pairs of dress shoes; a pair of heels and flats, and 2 pairs of tennis shoes; a good pair and a work pair for mowing the grass, etc.

I went out for a shopping trip of essentials, and window shopping for our soon to be born son. When I seen a pair of shoes, the kind that put a smile on your face immediately and actually make your heart skip a beat. I knew the right thing was to admire them, try them on (wink), feel how comfortable they were, and put them back on the shelf.

At the end of the day my darling hubby asked about the events of my day, which I rambled all the highlights and minimized how wonderfully fabulous those shoes were I had seen. His response was "let me see them." I hid my surprise, and said I didn't buy them. "Why not?" I could think of a million reasonable responses, no reasonable adult would think I should have brought those shoes home at this point in my life. His shock increased as we spoke, deeply questioning, how much could they be? In his mind that obviously was what he had missed. My answer they were on clearance, and I actually thought they were yet cheaper than the clearance tag. "You really liked them?...go back and get them." I remember his very articulate convincing conversation, why I must go back and get them, lol, really true story.

So for me this is a reminder how much my dearest husband loves me, and how I really need to, sometimes (smile) live a little more in 'today' and not worry so much about the future as we do not know what it holds for us.

DO THE PROJECT


No comments:

Post a Comment